There is a lot waiting to be Explored. Get covered with us Customer Delight Assured
Motor Insurance Protects the Insured against Financial loss in the event that the Motor vehicle is involved in an accident, burnt or stolen
We offer the following 3 types of Motor Insurance cover:
- Third Party: Covers third-party bodily injury and property damage arising out of a vehicle accident. This covers unlimited liability for Third-party personal injuries or death. For any vehicle, this is the minimum cover required by the Motor Insurance Act. No cover is provided for any form of damage to the policyholder’s vehicle.
- Third party Fire & Theft: Cover extends to cover theft, fire, third party bodily injury, and property damage. This cover is not very common. It has features of comprehensive cover but excludes damage arising from an accident. This is advisable for vehicles not exposed on the roads.
- Comprehensive: Covers third party liability and property damage to the vehicle i.e. damage arising out of fire, theft and accidental damage to the vehicle. It is the widest cover available.
Motor Insurance Classes Covered
Classes covers under our Motor Insurance covers:
- PSV Taxis, Uber, Other Digital Taxi Apps
- PSV Tour Firm
- Motor Cycle- Non PSV (Non Boda Boda)
- Motor Trade
- Motor Private
- Motor Commercial
We shall cover you against the following:
- Accidental loss or damage to own vehicle arising out of Impact damage or collision, overturning, Fire damage and/or Theft of whole or part of vehicle
- Third Party Liabilities – legal liabilities arising out of ownership or use including Damage to property belonging to other people-vehicle, buildings, Death or injury to pedestrians or public and/or Death/ injury to passengers – passengers’ legal liability
- Emergency Medical Expenses to driver or passengers or pedestrians following an accident
- Damage to vehicle in custody of motor trader or other service providers
We offer the following optional benefits at an additional premium:
- Personal Accident to the Insured person only
- COMESA Extension
- Road Rescue
- Excess Protector
- Towing & Recovery
- Third Party Property Damage Limit Extension
- Windscreen/Window Glass Extension
Risks not covered in our Motor Insurance cover are:
- Own death or injury
- Damage to tires unless the motor vehicle is also damaged
- Consequential Loss/ Depreciation/ Wear and Tear
- Loss outside the geographical area
- Loss due to cheating
- Influence of alcohol
- Use of motor vehicle for an unlawful purpose
- Damage caused by overloading/strain
The risks not covered under our motorcycle insurance are:
- Loss of personal effects
- Personal accident cover
- Use in connection with a motor trade
- Use for carriage of passengers for hire/reward
- Consequential loss
- Loss/Damage to accessories/ spare parts by theft unless the motorcycle is also stolen
- Damage to tires
- Depreciation Wear and Tear
- Mechanical and electrical breakdowns
- Loss of use
Requirements for cover are:
- Premium Payment
- Duly Completed Proposal Form
- Copy of ID
- Copy of TIN Number/Certificate/Valid NIDA ID
In the event of a motor vehicle accident, damage, or theft to your car, take the following steps to make a claim:
- Report to us any accident, injury, loss, or damage involving your vehicle(s) as soon as possible.
- If the vehicle is lost or damaged as a result of theft, attempted theft, or malicious damage, you must immediately make a report to Police and obtain a police report (abstract).
- Inform us immediately when you become aware of any current or future prosecution or proceedings in connection with any event for which there may be any liability under this policy.
You can call us on:+255 762 616 864, or by emailing us at email@example.com or you can visit us at the branch nearest to you.
- Any correspondence relating to any incident should be sent to us immediately and unanswered. We will be entitled to take over and carry out in your name the defense or settlement of any claim. We may also prosecute in your name to recover any amounts we have paid. You will be obligated to co-operate with us on the recovery process and if you fail to do so the company will be at liberty to recover the outlay from you.
- When you make a claim, we will be entitled to instruct and give information relating to the claim to other people such as lawyers, investigators, loss assessors, and garages and we expect you to give them all the necessary cooperation.
The following documents are required for each category of the claim as below listed:
- Motor accident claim
- Duly completed claim form
- Police abstract report
- Copy of driver’s license noting when test passed
- Copy of driver's license noting that license is valid at the time of the claim
- Copy of the log book
- Statement form
- Declaration form
- Motor Theft claim
- Duly completed motor theft claim form
- Police abstract report
- Copy of driver's license (if applicable )
- Copy of the log book
- Windscreen claim
- Duly completed windscreen claim form
- Original replacement receipt
- One Photograph before and after
The following claims will be investigated as soon as reported by the investigator:
- All cases of theft of motor vehicle or motorcycle.
- All cases of third-party personal injury.